Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Hello, October




A perfect weekend always starts with a walk along the beach, especially at this time of year. Crisp air, fallen leaves and bright sunshine are some of life's best, simple pleasures and I love to make the most of them.   

Since I started working full time in a not-so-inspiring job, I've discovered that getting some fresh air once in a while and a chance to spend time outdoors is a real luxury - and one that I like to take advantage of whenever I can. I happen to live by the sea, which for me has always been the perfect place to go to escape the stresses of everyday life and remind yourself how to be calm, peaceful and happy.

Last Saturday I took a walk along the seafront with my old friend Josh. We walked and talked for absolutely ages but just had to stop at the old yellow shelters as they happened to match so perfectly with my 70s-inspired shirt from the new Megan X Asos collection. Isn't it just great when your surroundings co-ordinate with your outfit?

At this time of year I find myself gravitating towards warmer colour palettes, and this mustard, corduroy shirt has been a great addition to my Autumn wardrobe. I layered it up with a high neck top underneath to keep off the chilly October breeze, and I paired it with some basic skinny jeans and my favourite new Topshop boots for a relaxed weekend vibe with a subtle retro hint. These boots are made of the softest leather, I can already tell I'll be getting so much wear out of them this season that I might just have to buy the black pair too... 

Whilst my weekend may have started with a healthy walk in the sunshine, it ended in a pile of blankets, watching endless old-school horror movie reviews (YouTube can take you to some strange places) and eating a large supply of crisps and hummus. Living for the weekends? When they're as great as that, it's hard not to.

Sarah...x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Beautiful photos! x
    www.fashionetmoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that your day job is not so inspiring xoxo Look for the little things in the week though - time can pass you by so quickly!!
    Natalie
    www.lifesmantelpiece.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig