Monday, 31 August 2015

Victorious Festival 2015






Hi! Remember me? I used to blog here...

Seriously though, I know I've lost my blogging-mojo a bit lately. Finding the time or the energy to post frequently has become a bit of a struggle for me, but something I hope to change over the next month or so. I've got a few exciting things in the works for this month which should see me posting on this little corner of the internet a wee bit more. Fingers crossed.

Over the past couple of years my hometown has run a small but growing festival in the lovely seaside setting of Southsea. This year was the first chance I'd had to attend Victorious and so I thought I'd share a few snapshots in honour of the occasion.

Day one was a complete wash-out. It rained non stop from about 2pm-10pm. Luckily I had my trusty giraffe rain poncho and a good old pair of wellies to keep me warm and dry. Having accepted the bad weather situation, we embraced it and had an amazing time. Eating mac & cheese from a food stall (the best of all festival food) whilst we jumped around in the muddy puddles along to the likes of Tinie Tempah, The Fratellis, Primal Scream and Laura Mvula. I can think of worse ways to spend a day. 

Day two was a whole lot better on the weather-side. So much so that I got sunburnt. Doh. With glitter face-paint on and rain ponchos stowed away, we ate yet more mac & cheese, drank yet more Carling Cider (vom) and sang and danced our way through The Darkness, Hayseed Dixie, Texas and finally Basement Jaxx.

The highlight of the weekend for me was seeing The Darkness. Justin Hawkins is one hell of a performer and he didn't disappoint, starting the set off in a super-seventies, pastel-blue flared suit and ending it in just his pants and a Victorious T-shirt. We were all just a tiny bit disappointed that they didn't play the Christmas song, but as they said, we'll just have to go and see them again at the end of the year. ;)

Were any of you at Victorious Festival this weekend? Let me know who your favourite band was!

Sarah...x


   

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Think I was stood next to you for The Darkness, remember those Giraffe poncho things haha. You were right though, The Darkness were bloody brilliant. Them along with Primal Scream and Texas were definitely the highlights of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on Saturday and loved it! The Fratellis are my fave <3
    amber love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig