Friday, 27 February 2015

Orla Kiely | London Fashion Week AW15

Oh, Orla Kiely. My favourite show of the season for sure. I love how she does presentations instead of catwalks. This season the backdrop was set up as an old-school library with the models wandering around, looking at books and 'studying'. I enjoy the presentation concept so much because the slow pace means you get a better look at the designs, plus it tells more of a story and you can really get an idea of the inspiration behind the collection.

This season the designer was inspired by Ali Macgraw in the film Love Story and features preppy late 60s vibes combined with a romantic, early 70s look. Keeping with the library theme - there were lots of maths and geometry inspired prints and graph paper checks, as well as the geometric 'OK' initials which featured on some of the clothes and accessories.    

Stand out pieces for me included the wool coats, boxy style jackets, and a particularly stunning black LBD complete with full midi skirt. This spring / summer may be all about the seventies but thanks to Orla I think we can expect a huge dose of sixties perfection come autumn.

It may all be quiet in the library, but this bold bright collection is anything but...


Sarah...x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig