Saturday, 14 February 2015

I Baked: Chocolate Pretzel Cupcakes

Hello and welcome back to another episode of 'I Baked'. Now that I've finally got my weekends back I've started to really enjoy spending a Sunday afternoon trying out new recipes and whipping up some tasty treats. This week I went back to basics with the humble cupcake, but gave it a bit of a sweet meets savoury twist with the use of salted pretzels.

I was inspired by an old Sorted Food video but couldn't find the exact recipe so I just kind of made it up as I went along. The cakes are very rich and chocolately with a crunchy pretzel base, finished off with a simple buttercream icing and an individual pretzel on top. If you've had salted caramel before then you'll know that salt and sweet flavours are a match made in heaven and the crunchy base gives them a little somethin' different than what you might expect from a cupcake.

They're definitely decadent and you probably wouldn't want more than one at a time...

If you want to give them a try then I suggest watching the Sorted Food video to get the idea and then just follow a basic chocolate cupcake recipe for the actual batter.

What's your favourite cupcake flavour??


Sarah...x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ah I could totally scoff one of these now!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these look SO SO SO good! I can't believe you could just make it up as you go. When it comes to baking, I'm nothing without a recipe! But these look amazing, you're so good at this! <3

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible, I haven't baked in yonks but this has made me want to get my whisk out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig