Tuesday, 17 February 2015

How to Rock the 70s Trend

As we edge closer and closer to the end of the miserable winter months, I'm starting to spend a lot of time day-dreaming about my spring / summer wardrobe. There's one trend that I'm most excited about and, you guessed it, it's the 70s. We saw it everywhere at Fashion Week from Felder Felder to Tom Ford and now it is taking over the highstreet in preparation for SS15 and - most excitingly - festival season.

I've thrown together a little guide featuring some key pieces and styles that you can incorporate into your wardrobe to get that killer 70s vibe.       

Suede


meganellaby rocking a suede jacket and boots


It's time to ditch the usual suspects of denim and leather because there's a different texture in town this season: suede. I'm talking suede jackets, suede skirts, suede shoes, suede everything! Play it safe with a traditional tan colour or opt for something a little more modern like burgundy or yellow. 

Flares

Since buying my first pair of flared jeans last year I've never looked back. A simple, black, kick-flare is possibly the easiest way to incorporate the 70s trend into your current wardrobe because they're so versatile. Simply style them the same way you would your black skinny jeans and you're good to go. 

Accessories


little_magpie1 working the 70s headscarf





If you're looking for a quick fix to spruce up an outfit and give it an easy 70s twist then accessories are the way to go. Think floppy hats, arm cuffs, body jewellery and printed headscarves.  

Fringing 


sara_waiste the ultimate boho babe








Another key 70s staple is fringing. In the latest ASOS mag they featured a black playsuit covered in fringing which I am absolutely desperate to have in my wardrobe for summer. If that's a little OTT for you then fear not, fringing can still be subtle. Think accessories, bags and sleeveless jackets for an added touch of bohemian 70s to your look.

Jumpsuits

My love for jumpsuits is real. So real I think I own about 6 or 7 now. This season think plunging necklines, wide leg trousers and bold colours for a glam night out look. Team with big curly hair for the ultimate 70s disco style. 

Will you be rocking the 70s trend this season? 

Sarah...x

SHARE:

1 comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig