Saturday, 21 September 2013

Review | John Frieda Frizz-Ease Collection


John Frieda Frizz-Ease Shampoo, Conditioner & Hair Serum*

I don't know about you, but I like to change up my hair routine a lot. Actually, all the time. I barely ever repurchase shampoos and conditioners as I am constantly on the hunt to try out new things. I'm forever seeking out products that claim to help hair growth, although I don't think I've had all that much luck in that department. If I'm not looking for hair growth products I tend to go for the ones that are aimed at nourishing damaged hair because although I don't think it's actually that damaged, I figure that if my hair is in as good condition as possible it should grow faster, right?

Anyway, I was contacted by someone recently about sending me some John Frieda Frizz-Ease stuff to try out. I've never used these products before, but I've heard good things about the brand, so I jumped at the chance to try them out. Although my hair isn't the frizziest of frizzy, it can be very dry and tricky to tame when first washed. These products claim to be hydrating which is perfect for my hair, particularly the ends, as they really need good conditioning products. 

My first impressions of the shampoo and conditioner? I'll admit I wasn't blown away. As you can see, the packaging is not all that exciting. There's also no wonderful sweet smell that's often what draws me into buying shampoos and conditioners in the first place. So to put it plainly, there's no 'wow factor'. However, after several uses of the products I can definitely say that my hair is feeling a lot glossier and hydrated than it had been, and it's a bit easier to manage as well. So they do a pretty good job, if you ask me.

Out of all three products, I definitely like the hair serum the best. I'm always after a new leave in conditioner or hair oil to run through my ends after washing my hair. The instructions say to actually apply the serum whilst you're still in the shower, but so far I've never remembered to bring it in with me, doh! I admit I tend to comb through my wet hair and then apply a pump or two of the serum to the ends, which seems to be working really well for me! I think this product is great for getting really smooth silky hair if you're like me and have quite brittle ends (or indeed, frizzy), however if you have quite oily hair anyway then I would probably avoid this serum as it will only make the problem worse!

I hope you enjoyed my review of the Frizz-Ease collection. I've really enjoyed trying out the products and will definitely continue to use them. I probably won't repurchase the shampoo and conditioner as I feel that although they're very nice, there are plenty of other products on the market that do a similar job!

Catch ya later!


To keep updated on new posts then please follow me on Bloglovin', and don't forget you can LIKE me on Facebook now too! 
    



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i've used this but the curly version and its amazing! john freida is just too good xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspirational post! I enjoyed reading it :) I love your blog, too!
    Would you like to follow each other? If you would, just follow me and leave a comment on my blog, so that I can follow you back :)

    Tina from the Style Sinners

    Twitter - @TinaStefanovic
    Instagram - @tina_stefanovic
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use this range years ago and I liked it, I might have to try it again :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh the serum sounds really good! I do suffer with frizzy hair so I'd love to try them all!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Frizz-Ease... works great for me
    xx, Malena
    You can check my blog on:
    www.Fashioncontainer.com
    Fashioncontainer Facebook page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig