Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Outfit | New Look LFW Interview

 (Coat*, New Look. Rings*, New Look. Riding pants, Topshop. Top, River Island. Boots, eBay. Lips, MAC 'Rebel')

New Look were kind enough to invite me to their lovely Refuel Room during London Fashion Week and in the goodie bag they very generously included a £50 voucher to spend online. I chose this beautiful parka coat because I'd tried it on in store recently and fallen in love. It's so comfy and practical with the huge fluffy hood, as well as looking pretty cool too! I'm finally going to have a sensible winter coat to wear this year, so I'm very excited about that. My Dad says it looks like something the Gallagher brothers would wear, not the look I was going for, but I'll take it. I also chose a set of four rings, two of which I'm wearing here. They're all huge, have different shapes and different metals. They're gorgeous, and I do love me some statement rings! I've also answered a few Q&As for New Look all about my experience at fashion week, so if you were interested in finding out a bit more about my day, read on!

1. Which collection were you most excited to see before coming to LFW?
I was most excited about Mulberry and Topshop Unique. And they definitely didn’t disappoint! 

2. Was there a key fashion theme running through this year’s LFW?
Prettiness. Pastels made a big appearance again. Particularly at the Daks show I went to, where the models were sporting lots of pretty peach shades. I think soft shapes and textures were a key theme from a lot of shows. The bright florals from Mary Katrantzou  were a big hit with me though, combining pretty floral patterns with bright acid colours. Gorgeous!

3. So what are the key trends for Autumn Winter?
Texture, texture, and more texture! It’s all about quilted leather, fluffy knits, and metallic accessories this year.   

4. Do you have any tips for making the most out of your time at LFW?
You’ll definitely want to take your camera, but try to limit the rest of the stuff you bring along. By the end of the day my arm was absolutely killing me because I’d insisted on bringing everything but the kitchen sink with me! Another thing I’d say is although you’ll want to document your experience, try to sit back and soak up the atmosphere as much as possible. Of course you’ll want pictures, but I definitely recommend putting the camera down once in a while and seeing it all through your eyes!

5. If you could sit in the front row of with all the celebs, who would you want to sit next to?
Is it just me, or were there some odd celebrities in the frow at some of this year’s shows? I mean, Harry Styles? What does he have to do with fashion?! And as much as I love her, Tanya Burr front row at the Mulberry show? What?! Anyway, I think if I could sit with anyone it would be Kate Moss. She’s such an icon and I just love her!

6. What made you start writing a blog?
I started writing my blog for so many different reasons. I'm an English Lit student so spend a lot of my time reading and writing for that, but I was starting to feel like I don't get a chance to read and write about fun stuff that I'm actually interested in. Creating a blog gave me the chance to do that!

7. Is there any particular celebrity you base your fashion on or would you call your style individual? 
I wouldn't say I particularly base my style on any celebrities, because I get inspiration for style from a lot of other places too. My favourite celebrity style is Shenae Grimes though, I love her!
 
    8. What would you say are your biggest challenges as a blog owner?

There are many challenges you face as a blogger, but I’d say the biggest one is coming up with original content and standing out from the crowd. When I started my blog I have no idea there was such a vast amount of fashion bloggers already out there. Finding your own in the big scary world of blogging is very difficult, but rewarding when you feel like you’ve accomplished it.



Collaborative post*
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. That coat looks so warm and cosy!! You look fab! I wish I had got to go to LFW!!

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so flawless! These riding pants are gorgeous, i've been looking for some for ages that don't share the same price tag as American Apparel ones! Love the coat too, looks very snug.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Agree texture will be great for Autumn :)

    Kisses xo, Selorm.
    She Just Talks | sjtx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! I adore those rings, so gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your coat! I've been looking for a parka like this for ages x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the khaki jacket with the plum lips x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coat is to die for! And I completely agree with having to spend quite a bit of time trying to create original content. I think you make it happen!!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview, I love your boots and coat!
    Mia
    www.prettyeclectic.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig