Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Review: Benefit 'Rockateur' Blush




Hello darlings! Today I've got a little review for you of Benefit's newest boxed face powder, Rockateur. I snatched it up whilst it was on sale for a day on the Debenhams website but it's not available now until its release in September.

First of all, let me apologise for the mismatched pictures. I couldn't make my mind up where the best light was, so it's a bit all over the place. Oops. Anyway, this is my first of the Benefit boxed powders and I'm pretty impressed so far. There's been a little controversy floating around about this product because even though it was the same price as the other powders, it's actually half the size in weight. I know, I know, what a rip off. But I still fell for the hype and placed my purchase. 

It's described as a 'rose gold' colour and to be honest I was expecting it to be much more pink than it is. When I think of 'rose' I think of pink. Don't you? However, on the skin this blusher actually comes up quite coral, as you can see. It is a very pretty colour - it's just not what I was expecting! In terms on longevity, I've had no problems. I have fairly dry skin anyway so powder tends to cling to my face for dear life, so I've never had to reapply. 

I'm not a massive fan of the packaging, it's got a pretty pattern an' all but it's just cardboard at the end of the day so I'm sure it'll end up battered and bruised in no time. But it's not a huge problem. One thing I do find quite strange about this blush (I'm not sure if it's the same with Benefit's other boxed powders) is the smell! It has a really strange, not particularly pleasant, scent! It's not an issue once applied, but in the box it's not the nicest thing. 

So there you have my thoughts on Benefit's Rockatuer. I really like the colour (even if it wasn't what I was expecting) and it wears really well. I think I'll definitely keep my eye out for their other boxed blushes next time I'm at a Benefit counter. Will you be purchasing this one when it's finally released next month?

            

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love your blog hun! Totally love the to you are wearing! That blush looks pretty amazing on you! x

    http://fashionenvious.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blush on you! I definitely need to give this a swatch in store. i love your top too! Where is it from?

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds amazing and I love the shade of it! I really like your t-shirt by the way xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so tempted to get this, it looks like a really pretty colour!


    xo

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great on you! I have this too I'm in love.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Have seen it on a few blogs! Im never disappointed with benefit make-up!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh I saw this in Sephora the other day, I do think that it looks great on you but not worth the hype. Thanks for the honest review hun, I am a new follower :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig