Monday, 12 August 2013

Current Obsessions: Leather trousers




(All images found on Pinterest)

Autumn is just around the corner and I don't know if you can tell but I'm getting just a tad excited about the whole thing. As much as I love summer, with the warm weather and the light evenings, there's always so much to look forward to when Autumn comes around. I was browsing River Island the other day came across a rail of their new collection. I fell in love with a thin, oversized jumper and I've mentally been planning outfits with it ever since I saw it, most of which include a pair of leather trousers!  

I got this idea in my head and immediately took to Pinterest for more inspiration. I absolutely love how they look paired with loose jumpers, boyfriend shirts, classy coats and blazers, heels, ankle boots, the list goes on. They're so much more interesting and fun than regular leggings or jeans, but they're still versatile as hell! Although it's a trend I've admired, I never really jumped on the disco pants bandwagon, but I think these leather leggings and trousers are a great kind of 'grown up' alternative to the trend. Not quite as shiny, if you catch my drift. 

What do you guys think of this trend? I don't know about you, but whenever I hear the words leather trousers I get a mental image of Ross from Friends covered in what can only be described as 'paste pants'. I'm not sure anyone can rock the look as well as he did, but we can always try. Right?


PS. If you'd like to keep up to date on new posts, please follow me on Bloglovin'



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Great photos! Makes me want some!

    http://www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohn I am totally the same at the moment! Im obsessing over leather pants! I recently got a pair from Forever 21 that are quite nice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait for autumn and leather trousers are definitely top of my wishlist!

    High Society // highsocietyfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would totally pull off a good pair of these!! I hope you get a pair soon so we can see lots of cords with them! I love the look of them, but I know they definitely would NOT look good on me haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this trend! I think such trousers are a great substitute to classic black skinny jeans xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. leather trousers are seriously so cool when styled properly. I worry I couldn't pull it off though! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could pull these off and keep buying them in the hope they'll look ok but my hips just don't agree with them! Sob!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely love leather pants !! never been able to full off full leather ones (thigh issues), but I love trousers/leggings with leather panels ♥

    great post xx

    http://sjtx.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, I love Miranda Kerr. Just had to put that out there!

    I absolutely love leather trousers, I don't own a pair yet but they are definitely on my list! There's some gorgeous ones on ASOS that are by Mango (I can't find them on the Mango website though) and they are like a deep red colour, GORGEOUS.

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Ross & the leather pants! I almost forgot about that episode ^-^
    I think leather trousers have gotten a bit more acceptable the past few months, all about styling it right isn't it? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig