Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Leather & lace





(Leather shorts, Topshop. Lace top, New Look. Studded sandals, Next. Sunglasses, Primark. Spike bracelet, New Look.)

I feel like I always start my blog posts with a chat about the weather, but... I think it might be summer? Finally! The sun is out and the air is warm and for the last few days (when I haven't been at work), I've been relaxing in the garden with a Corona and planning BBQs and holidays with friends. There's something about warm weather that puts everyone in a good mood and I find myself enjoying boring activities, like walking to the shops to run errands, just because it means I get to enjoy the sun.

Since the sun's made an appearance I realised I don't seem to have any sunglasses that aren't broken. I don't know how I manage it but I always break the arms off my sunglasses, which is really annoying. I suppose it might have something to do with the fact I only ever pay about £2 for them from Primark. Maybe. Anyway, I decided to get a new pair (£2.50 this time - pushed the boat out) and I feel like Mary-Kate Olsen in these bad boys. They're huge and stupidly round. I'm not 100% sure they suit me but, whatever. They're cool. 

I paired them with my leather shorts and an old lacy top to meet a gal pal for lunch yesterday. Lace and leather is the perfect combo is it not??! I actually bought the rose gold cuff whilst I was out and added it to my other wise jewellery-lacking outfit straight away. The spikes tied in with the little studs on my shoes and at about £2 in the sale I thought it was a pretty good shout.

What are you all up to this week? I'm starting my internship this Thursday which is pretty exciting. I'm trying to pick up as many hours at work as possible this summer, so along with blogging and interning hopefully the next few months will be quite productive! And maybe I'll get a holiday at the end of it to make it all worthwhile. 

Catch ya later!


PS Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!





  

SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I love this! Leather and lace! <3
    You have an amazing blog, would you like to follow each other? :) xx

    -Mitzee

    factshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, I need to get my hands on a pair of those shorts!! I'm so glad it's summer too, can finally crack out some shorts and summer dresses.

    Katie xx
    The Stylinguist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leather and lace have to be my favourite combination ever, love the look!

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are gorgeous, you have such an amazing figure!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lace crop top is SO cute!

    xx

    katedruryy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, I have the same shirt and I just love it!

    Love from Canada,

    http://a-warriors-diary.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love leather and lace together! Dam your legs are so long toooo! X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit - love the edgy leather shorts with the cute feminine lace top :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing top!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sunglasses and I love the lace top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so obsessed with lace this spring/summer so I am loving your top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the spike braclet!! I must admit i haven't been in New Look for ageeees.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your look! So casually cool!
    I really like the contrast between the lace and leather.

    Love your style, so I'm following you now.

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like the strap around the ankles on your shoes adds a slightly more girly touch. Lace is girly, of course, but the leather gives a tough vibe that's softened by the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely obsessed with your shoes. I love a good ankle strap on a pair of flats! Just started following your blog and can't wait to see what other outfits you post!

    http://midgeinmanhattan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Gosh, what a cute outfit! Love the lace touch :)

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! Love the lace top & love the shorts!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. these pictures are so lovely! i absolutely love the lace top, i'm dying to buy one like that
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your outfit! It's the perfect balance of feminine and edgy.

    Amy
    http://dervishdarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig