Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Harry Potter Studio Tour!

Here's a little snippet of information that you might not know about me: I am a die hard Harry Potter fan.

I would say it's a guilty pleasure, but I'm not guilty about it. I have loved the Potters since the very first books came out, in fact I even queued up at midnight to buy the 7th and final book the day of it's release (is that sad?). Basically I know everything there is to know about this amazing wizard. The books, the films, the characters, the actors. I love them all. 

So. When I found out I'd been bought tickets to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London for Valentine's day, well, I was kind of, sort of, a little bit ridiculously over excited! And to say I wasn't disappointed is an understatement. It was absolutely amazing. So I've decided to share a few of the pictures that I took at the magical place known as Harry Potter World. 

First up! The costumes. Pretty much every single costume worn by the actors on the set of the films was on display in the studios. Even the Weasley's woolly jumpers from the very first films. The teachers, the death eaters, the Yule Ball 'dress robes', they were all there. I especially like Professor Dumbledore's fancy silver robes, that man has some serious style.



Considering I'm such a shopaholic, it's no surprise really that my favourite part of the tour was Diagon Alley. Fred and George's joke shop, Flourish & Blotts with Gilderoy Lockhart's books in the window, not to mention Olivander's wands! There was just so much detail that had gone into the window displays, it was i n c r e d i b l e! 
Muggle shopping is so boring in comparison.


   
Oh and here's a few pictures of me and my over-excited face. Yes, that's a butter beer in my hands. (Try not to be too jealous, guys). 


I think my second favourite part of the tour was all the sets and the intricate details that went into them. The potions room possibly being the best of these - due to the hundreds of jars of magical ingredients and the self-stirring cauldrons! So awesome. I also really liked the Weasley's kitchen. The magic knitting, washing up, and ironing. I so wish I had a kitchen that did all the chores on its own! 

I'm sure I'm forgetting so much stuff, and I haven't even included half of the pictures I took. Mainly because I only had my phone with me so they're not great quality. Also because I think you should all go and check it out for yourselves! 

I would say that if you go on this magical tour, then expect there to be a lot of noisy children. And I mean a lot. I think I elbowed at least three of them in the face whilst I was there (not on purpose... honestly). But then I suppose Harry Potter is a children's book, so it's only to be expected.

Oh and the most disappointing thing of the day was the gift shop. I desperately wanted to go home with a wand but when I saw the price tag I immediately decided against it. I thought I'd console myself with a bag of every flavour beans, but again, ridiculously over priced.

So I didn't come home with any souvenirs, but it didn't dampen my spirit because I still had a really great time at this amazing place! Also I've just realised how much I've been rambling on about it, so sorry about that. But it really is an impressive tour, and if you ever get a chance to go there then I think you should definitely go, even if you're not a die hard fan, like myself. You'll probably be converted!

Sarah. 







SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've always wanted to visit the HP Studios since seeing loads of blog posts about it! You lucky thing!
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and for following also!
    Georgia xx
    www.fortheloveof-thrift.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous - I'm dying to visit! It sounds absolutely amazing, I hope you had a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures, I would love to go there one day. :)

    x Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the tour last year & after reading this want to all over again!! x


    www.sempersj.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing!! I'm not a huge harry potter fan, but this really makes me want to do the tour! How amazing is seeing the entire set and all the rooms?! Yea, I'm jealous of you!

    X Saskia
    http://formerparades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah so trilled to read about this! I was only there a couple of months ago and I loved it so so much as well! You're right about the gift shop though. I did pose with a couple of wands to make up for it haha.

    (Here are a little of my pictures: http://bodaciousthought.blogspot.be/2012/08/london-part-1.html )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post. I love Harry Potter and I really want to do this too! It looks like such a fun day out, disappointing about the gift shop but that's usually the way sadly :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh, this is amazing. I'm a hard HP fan too hahaha xxx

    http://www.xcherrylipstick.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig