Friday, 8 February 2013

Current obsessions: Neon




(All pictures found on Pinterest)


I've been thinking over the word neon all afternoon and it's beginning to sound like it's not a real word anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?

Neon. Neon. Neon. Neon. Neon. Neon. Neon.

Anyway! Can you tell I'm bored of winter yet?? I'm getting into the Spring / Summer mood which means more and more colour is popping up onto my Pinterest. And yes, at the moment this means neon (see? it doesn't sound like a real word anymore). I honestly think that I have never ever been into this trend before. Pastels, yes. I obsessed over the pastel trend last summer for sure. But neons? Nope, not for me.

That's all changed this year though. This week in fact. I keep finding myself looking at ridiculously bright, colourful things and thinking yes, I need that in my life. Don't get me wrong, I will most certainly not be leaving the house in a florescent yellow coat anytime soon. But luminous nails and tiny little neon satchels? Now that is a trend I can get on board with. 

I can already see that pairing a little splash of neon with blacks and neutrals is going to be my staple this Spring. And in preparation I've purchased a luminous green necklace with a little gold spike pendant from Topshop this afternoon. I'm such a keen bean. 

I think what I like about neon is that it reminds me of nights out in clubs where they'd hand out glow sticks and luminous face paint to everyone. Oh to be 18 again. (I'm now 20. Super old and far too sophisticated for all that). So this year I'm going to wear luminous nail varnish as a 'grown up' alternative to clubbing with glow sticks. Sound like a plan?  

Sarah. 


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The top right nails are super cute! I'd love a neon pink satchel :)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like how they're matte but still really bright!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah, love your blog! You're doing really well for a new blogger, keep up the good work!

    I'm also following you :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I love your blog, makes a change from all the girly beauty blogs I usually read!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. I love little pops of neon, especially neon nails! Nice post :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have wonderful blog! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://dreameranete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those nails! i love the neon trend but i can't help but think it's a bit toooo bright for me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I always thought, think I can cope with it in small amounts though! Haha

      Xx

      Delete
  6. Love neon accessories ATM! I really want a Cambridge satchel and this one in neon is gorgeous x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig