Tuesday, 5 February 2013

50 Shades of Grey...





(Coat, Ebay/Topshop. Dress, Topshop. Boots, Next. Necklace, Primark. Watch, River Island. Lip stain, Revlon.)


As you can see from these photos, I just LOVE wearing lots of bright colours...

Just kidding.

No, I will be the first person to admit that I don't wear enough colour. For some reason I'm always drawn to black clothes (I've talked about this before). And if it's not black - yep, you got it - it's grey. I think I like the idea of letting my hair and lip colour do the talking, and contrast the brightness of that against my dark clothes. It's just how I roll. 

Anyway, I have to tell you the story of this coat because it was basically an air punch moment that needs to be shared with you. So, I have been lusting after this furry collared over sized coat for months now. But, being the poor student that I am, I have had to wait until now to get my hands on it. The original Topshop price tag was £110, and this just wasn't sitting well with my budget. However, a couple of weeks ago I spotted it on Ebay. Brand new, with tags. My size. Bidding starting at £60. Result! So I kept my eye on it. Unfortunately after a relentless bidding war I lost the coat in the very last second to my evil fellow bidder who won it for a total of £87. To be honest, although I was gutted to have lost, I was also a little relieved because £87 was still a little bit more money than I was willing to part with.

But then. Two days later. I'm searching through Ebay again and lo and behold... My coat appears again. Brand new, with tags. My size. It's a 'buy now' item - so no bidding wars this time. And how much was it I hear you ask?? £59.99. Yes. I'll just let that sink in for a moment. 

So! Not only did I purchase the coat I'd been lusting after for £50 cheaper than the original price tag. I found it in the end for even cheaper than what my cunning fellow bidder paid for it (Insert evil laugh here). Pretty good result I think! 

Anyway, that was quite a long winded story. Back to the outfit. So I paired my l o v e ly new coat with my favourite Topshop day dress (which I wear far too often) and a pair of black tights to keep out the chill. I'll probably end up changing into jeans later though, as it's pretty windy down in Portsmouth at the moment... Brr! 

By the way, has anyone seen Django yet?! I watched it yesterday and thought it was amazing. Quentin Tarantino and Jamie Foxx are the ultimate pair! 

Watch this space for a cowboy inspired outfit post.. hmm..

Sarah. 

  



SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Love Love Love that coat! It's a dress up or down kind of piece! And well done on the bargain there!

    great post

    Hannah
    www.anon-mode.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so proud of myself for getting it so cheap haha!

      xx

      Delete
  2. ahh what a bargain! it looks lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coat and I have that necklace from Primark x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's got it! At £2 though who can blame them

      xx

      Delete
  4. this coat is beautiful, it looks really glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this coat in topshop too and its sooo nice but as you said, quite expensive! You got such a great bargain, brilliant! I love ebay, whenever I buy anything now I always look there 1st to see if I can get it cheaper! Xx

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I never used to think about eBay before really, but will definitely be using it more now!

      I've just followed your blog on GFC, it's lovely!

      xx

      Delete
  6. I love that dress so much! x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm completely with you..I love color, but am so drawn to black and gray.
    Nothing wrong with that! ;-)

    Love your entire outfit!
    <3alyssa
    http://mismatchedmess.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is lovely and I have this necklace <3

    Now following your blog on GFC :) WOuld you like to follow each other?

    If so, you can visit my blog here:

    LurchHoundLoves.com

    Thanks!

    Charlie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe. Just checked out your blog, it's lovely!

      xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous outfit - love the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fur collar and coat!
    X
    Http://polway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done getting that coat so cheap! it's so nice and your hair colour is the best everrr

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your coat is awesome, wish i could've found that on ebay! haha lovely outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the coat I wanted! You're very lucky to find it on eBay!

    Sophie xx
    http://f-ckandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. that coat is so fab!!! i love it!!!! new follower :)

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That coat is lush! And what a bargain! I'm also a huge fan of black & grey, it just works so well with everything x

    www.nina-francesca.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I've lusted over that coat so many times in Topshop...And with that stroke of luck, clearly you were meant to have it! And YES DJANGO, what an awesome film, I love Tarantino. Also adore your blog header, did you design it yourself?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, love Jamie Foxx!
      Ahh thanks so much, I didn't design it myself though - one of my best friends did :)

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig